The Management Level 3 qualification is broadly aimed at those who are responsible for the control of activities and work output of a team across all occupations and sectors of employment.
Candidates should have the ability and the opportunity to demonstrate recognisable management and leadership skills, for example, providing leadership, recruitment, planning and implementing change, managing a budget, managing a project, marketing and customer service.
Area covered in mandatory include
- Manage personal and professional development
- Manage Team Performance
- Principles of leadership and management
- Principles of people management
- Principles of Business
Some of the optional units
- Chair and lead meetings
- Develop and implement an operational plan
- Manage physical resources
- Manage a budget
- Competence based qualification with integrated knowledge and understanding units - developed through presentation of a portfolio of evidence which is confirmed by an assessor, who visits regularly to give guidance and support.
- Based on the national occupational standards for management and leadership. The Qualification is recognised in all occupations and sectors of employment.
- The Qualification is part of the apprenticeship framework and depending on eligibility could be funded. click here for more information on Apprenticeships